sábado, 20 de maio de 2017

You Will Not Leave Orphans. I Will Come To You.(Jonhn,14,15-21)

Antoni BigCuore*

Date: 19.05.2017, Friday, at 14:19


Location: São Paulo, SP. Brazil


The Gospel of the next Sunday is foreseen in John, chapter 14, verses 15 to 21.


"At that time Jesus said to his disciples. If you love me, you will keep my commandments, and I will pray to the Father, and he will give you another defender to remain with you always: The SPIRIT OF TRUTH, which the world can not receive, because it neither sees nor knows it. You know him, because he remains with you and will be within you.


I will not leave you orphans. I will come to you. A little while longer, and the world will see me no more, but you will see me, because I live and you will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father and you in me and I in you. He who has accepted my commandments and observes them, he loves me. Now he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him. (Cf. Paulus Editora daily liturgy, page 21, May / 2017)


A. BIGCUORE`S REFLECTION. Lectio Divina. In the liturgy last Sunday, still in the Gospel of John, Jesus reveals himself to the disciples as the ONLY WAY, THE ONLY LIFE AND THE ONLY TRUTH. We read in John 14: 6: "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me"

Jesus in this text is preparing the way for the disciples to receive the Holy Spirit and thus to continue their missionary work of preaching the Gospel to every creature.
"I will not leave you orphans." He promises to send the Divine Holy Spirit for what?


So that the disciples feel strong, motivated for the great mission that awaits them; When the Master ascended to the heavens at Pentecost. Without the Holy Spirit everything becomes arid; without life; meaningless!. But with the Holy Spirit dwelling in the hearts of Christians, EVERYTHING IS RENEWED, it is the breath (Ruah) of the renewal of the teachings of Jesus. Teachings of LOVE, solidarity, peace, joy and mercy.


If the world is this complete anarchy, it is due in large part to the deviation of focus from the Christians themselves. Today society runs desperately after goods, material things. They do not satisfy the yearning for INFINITY that every human being brings into their heart! Only Jesus, when he lives in the hearts of people, can CHANGE for the better, THE GOAL OF ALL HUMANITY!


Fifty days after the Lord's Passover, Jesus ascends to Heaven, standing at the right hand of the Father, as the Mother Church teaches us.
The disciples were still a little confused. The plug had not fallen yet. But at Pentecost they RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT (Ruah) and from there they come to understand all that the Master has taught them.


Whoever perseveres will be saved, says the Master. Those who live in perfect harmony with the Project of God, even living in a crazy world, can SUPPORT the tribulations of everyday life, and the strongest that are yet to come.


Let us pray to God that He may revoke the flame of the Holy Spirit received in our Baptism, so that we may have the strength to face adversity.
Let it come down upon You, my brother and my sister, the BLESSING, of God, who is all loving and merciful; He who + Father, + Son and Holy Spirit, amen!


(*) Author is a Christian writer, friend of the good and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole planet. Access his BLOG BEM VIVER BRAZIL - antonibigcuore.blogspot.com (self-knowledge, spirituality and healthy life) and its poetic and philosophical link: WWW.recantodasletras.com.br/autores/antonibigcuore
Google Tradutor Tool.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário