sábado, 13 de maio de 2017

"In My Father´s House, There Are Many Addresses(Jo,14,1-12)


Antoni BigCuore*

Date: 13.05.2017, Saturday, at 11.51 hours
Location: New York, NY, United States
Antiphon: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by me "(v.6)

Like all of John's Gospel, chapter 14 has a special flavor. The Master says, through the letters of St. John the Evangelist: "Jesus continued saying," Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God and believe also in Me. THERE ARE MANY ADDRESSES IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE. If it were not so, I would have told you, because I will prepare a place for you.


And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come and take you with me, so that where I am, you too. And where I go, you already know the way. "


"Thomas said to Jesus," Lord, we do not know where you are going; How can we know the way? "Jesus answered," I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. NO ONE GOES TO THE FATHER FOR ME (my emphasis). If you know me, you will also know my Father. From now on you know him and have seen him. "


"Philip said to Jesus," Lord, show us the Father and that is enough for us. " Jesus replied, "I have been in your midst for so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How do you say, "Show us the Father?" Do you not believe that I am in the Father and that the Father is in me? The words which I speak unto you, I say not of myself, but the Father that abideth in me, he doeth his works. Believe in Me: I am in the Father and the Father is in me. "


"Believe it, at least because of these works. I assure you: WHO BELIEVES IN ME, DOES THE WORKS I DO, AND WILL MAKE GREATER THAN THESE, BECAUSE I GO TO THE FATHER. Whatsoever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14.If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. " (1- Pauline Bible pastoral edition, page 1,376)

 _______________________________________________________________________
A. BIGCUORE´S REFLECTION: The central idea of ​​the text reminds us of the mystery of the Holy Trinity. What is the Trinitarian God: The Creator Father, the Son, the Incarnate Word Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit Sanctifier, the so-called paraclit who, in the Greek language, means Lawyer, Defender.

The Master exhorts the disciples to TRUST him and his Father and says that whoever sees him; Sees the Father. And that in his Father's house there are many abodes and that all his disciples will have a place to "dwell". And that only the Father can be reached through him.


We know that heaven is a state of mind. Heaven is not a place, as we know so many here on planet Earth. I personally believe that when we die, the body stays here on earth, but the spirit is immortal and will be resurrected in a new SPIRITUAL DIMENSION, which, humanly, we still do not know.


On the other hand, he exhorts the Master Jesus, that to believe is not only to believe that God exists, it is, above all, to TRUST in his mercy, and to assume the DISCIPLESHIP of the Master Jesus Christ!


Every disciple imitates the virtues of the Master! As Christians, we must rely on the promises made by the ancient prophets, as well as, and especially, ratified by our dear Brother Jesus Christ who was incarnated by the Holy Spirit in the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary and left us a great legacy of Faith.


Another genial phrase from the Master: "If you BELIEVE, you will do deeds GREATER than mine." Our responsibility for us Christians! Have you ever thought that we can have THE FAITH of Jesus ?! And do greater works than he did?


Faith implies that I leave myself and meet the "other." Our faith must be based on the social reality in which we live. An individualistic faith does not guarantee a passport to Paradise. Faith without works is dead, says St. James. Therefore, we must translate into CONCRETE ATTITUDES the truths of the Gospel.


Let us then imitate the Good Shepherd who lays down his life for his sheep! Amen!
Let it come down upon you, your family, your relatives and friends, the blessing of the infinitely merciful God; He who is Father + Son and Holy Spirit, amen!


(*) Author is writer, friend of good and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole planet. Access and publish your BLOG BEM VIVER BRAZIL - antonibigcuore.blogspot.com (self-knowledge, spirituality and healthy life) and its poetic and philosophical link: WWW.recantodasletras.com.br/autores/antonibigcuore

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário