Matt. 16:13-20. Reflection for August 23, 2026.
By Antoni Bigcuore Casagrande
While gathered with His disciples at Caesarea Philippi, Jesus asked them the following question: "Who do people say that I am?" The disciples stated... some say You are John the Baptist, Elijah, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets. "And who do *you* say that I am?" (15). Simon Peter answered: "You are the Messiah, the Son of the LIVING GOD!!!" (emphasis mine) (16).
This means: You are the Savior, the Anointed One of God who became incarnate through the work of the Holy Spirit of God to save us. 18 "And so I tell you: you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build MY CHURCH, and the power of hell shall never prevail against it."
From this, we conclude that the (and *Catholic Church only* it) is truly the CHURCH OF CHRIST, founded upon Peter!!! (Jesus said "MY CHURCH"; note that He did not say "my churches"; therefore, the Church of Christ is the one founded upon Peter.)
May God bless you and your family!!! Health, peace, and hope!!!

Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário