domingo, 4 de agosto de 2019

Happy Are Those Who Accumulate Goods in Heaven(Lk.12,13-21)

                                                                       


Antoni BigCuore*

Date: 02.08.2019, Friday, at 16:17 hours
Location: Sao Paulo, SP.,Brazil

Gospel - Luke 12: 13-21
Sunday Liturgy, August 4, 2,019

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah.
Blessed are the lowly in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 5: 3).
Proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Luke.

At that time, 1213 Jesus said to someone from among the people, "Teacher, tell my brother to share the inheritance with me." 14Jesus answered him, "My friend, who made me a judge or arbitrator among you?" 15And he said to the people,
"Scrupulously guard yourselves from all covetousness, for a man's life, though he be in abundance, does not depend upon his riches." 16And he told him this parable: "There was a rich man whose fields yielded much." 17And he thought to himself, 'What shall I do? Because I have nowhere to collect my harvest. '

18 Then he said, 'I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones; I will gather in them all my harvest and my goods. 19And I will say to my soul, O my soul, you have many goods in store for many years; rest, eat, drink and feast '.

20God said to him, 'Foolish! Tonight they will still demand your soul from you. And whose things have you put together, whose will they be? ' 21So it happens to a man who treasures for himself and is not rich for God. "(1)
Word of salvation. Thank God.
================================================== ============
A. BIGCUORE´S REFLECTION. In the above gospel, Jesus was preaching the Good News when one of the people asked him to intervene with his brother's inheritance.

The Master, as always and very wisely, replies that it is not his place to be judge in this matter. And he said to the people, "Beware of all covetousness, for a man's life, though he be in abundance, does not depend upon his riches."

Then he tells them a parable of a rich man who only cared about accumulating more wealth. He thought of tearing down his barns to build more barns with more storage capacity.
The man thought to himself: I will enjoy life and delight in my possessions. To which: “20God said to him, 'Foolish! Tonight they will still demand your soul from you. And whose things have you put together, whose will they be? ' 21So it happens to the man who treasures for himself and is not rich for God. "

Many of us Christians are tempted to think only of accumulating goods and more goods, not worrying about the building of our spiritual building, which will one day take us to paradise.
God does not condemn riches, but misuse them. Those who share their lives and possessions with their weaker brothers and sisters are using DIVINE WISDOM and becoming a doctor of happiness.

Who loves sharing. Who shares love !. This is the key that opens us to the vault of paradise. We have to be RICH IN GOD'S EYES, for everything else is like dry straw in the wind!

GROUP DISCUSSION:

0.1. How am I using the goods God has given me?
0.2. In my personal life, have I been too worried about accumulating wealth?

0.3. Do I use material goods as means or as ends in themselves?
0.4. Has my community taken CONCRETE ATTITUDES through the social centers to help the most needy, especially the unemployed?
________________________________________________________________
SOURCE: (1) text extracted from the site www.catolicoorante.com.br
(*) author is Friend of Good and Spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the entire planet. Access his BLOG WELL LIVE BRAZIL - antonibigcuore.blogspot.com (self-knowledge, spirituality and healthy living). And his link: www.recantodasletras.com.br/authors/antonibigcuore
________________________________________________________________

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário