quarta-feira, 9 de maio de 2018

Biblical Reflection. God Loves Us Without Limits.(Jn, 15,9-17)

                                                                            


Antoni BigCuore*

Date: 06.05.2018
Time: 10:26 am
Location: Brazil, São Paulo,SP.

"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends" (v.13)
Our reflection today is in the Gospel of John, chapter 15, verses 09 through 17.
"As my Father loved me, I also loved you: STAND IN MY LOVE. If you obey my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I obeyed my Father's commandment and abide in your love. I told you this so that my JOY may be in you, and your joy be COMPLETE. "

"My commandment is this: BELIEVE ONE TO OTHERS, AS I LOVED YOU. There is no love GREATER than giving up your life for friends. You are my friends, if you do what I am commanding. I no longer call you employees, because the employees do not know what your boss does; I call you friends, because I have communicated to you everything I have heard from my Father. It was not you who chose me, but it was I who chose you. I have destined you to go and bear fruit, and that your fruit may remain. The Father will give you anything that you ask in my name. What I command is this: LOVE ANOTHER TO OTHERS. " (Cf. Pauline Bible, p.1337, 1989).

A. BIGCUORE'S REFLECTION: God loves us without limits !. The Master tells us: It was not you who chose me, but I HAVE CHOSEN YOU to go and bear fruit and its fruit remain.
Jesus, strictly speaking, did not create any religion. He chooses a group of FRIENDS to carry out the mission entrusted to him by the Father.

As he says, the servant is not greater than the Lord, nor does he know what his Lord is doing. Jesus calls friends to accompany him on the mission of preaching to every creature his Gospel of love.
"Love one another as I have loved you." The sermon on the mountain and this phrase sum up very clearly the mystique of Jesus: LOVE!

Love is not selfish. The person who loves, divests his own ego to share love, life to the other.
Who loves forgives. Who forgives loves. The Master loved us without measures!
And exhort his disciples: abide in my love! What this means? We understand that it is, at least try to live the love in its fullness. It is very difficult still on this earth to do so. The Saints were people who almost approached this demand of Jesus. But, we must live the love in the largest dimension that we can.

We know that modern life does not favor this at all. But the true Christian can not be fascinated by the values ​​of the world. We know that the Maligian proves us at every moment. We can only resist temptations, having an intense sacramental life, experiencing above all the sacraments of Reconciliation or Confession and the supreme Eucharist. Nor can we forget to feed ourselves DAILY from the bread of the Word of God!
Read at least the Gospel of the day. This is very good, gives us strength to face the tribulations of each day.

Have a holy and happy day! May the blessing of God, rich in mercy, descend upon You, your family and friends: He who is + Father, + Son and + Holy Spirit, Amen!
GOD LOVES YOU! LOVE YOUR NEXT TOO!

(*) author is a writer and communicator of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the whole planet. Agent of the Pastoral of the Health next to the Shrine N.Sa. of Salette, in São Paulo. Participates in the Music Ministry, the "New Seed" group and the "Love you" group.
Write in the Portal Recanto das Letras, link: www.recantodasletras.com.br/autores/antonibigcuore and his Blog Bem Viver Brazil - antonibigcuore.blogspot.com (self-knowledge, spirituality and healthy life).
Contact: antonibigcuore@uol.com.br

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário